EPPI module of BF60x has many new features which are listed out here:
- Ignoring the premature external frame syncs for data consistency.
- Data Clipping support extended to 10, 12 and 16 bits which was earlier supported for 8-bit data only.
- Data Mirroring and internal muxing feature which allows two cameras to be hooked to same PPI. To find more on this see http://ez.analog.com/thread/12519
- Supports SMPTE274M and SMPTE 296M high definition formats in addition to ITU-656.
- Support for Delayed Start of EPPI Frame Sync generations which controls the period after which first frame sync is generated at start.
- DMA Finish Command Generation. The DMA finish command ensures that the PPI issues a FINISH Command through the DDE CMD line upon the completion of a FRAME/LINE. More on this feature here http://ez.analog.com/thread/12518