AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unexpected USB wake-up from hibernate

Question asked by jeremie on Mar 16, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 23, 2012 by jeremie

Hi,

Can you help me: I have unexpected hibernate wake-up due to USB. Thanks!

My configuration:

-BF548.0.2

-custom board; the USB HW part is a copy-paste from the EZKIT

-USB Type B (peripheral)

My problem: the core  wakes up (for USB reason: I check PLL_STAT bits) while no USB is plugged.

Different tries:

A) During hibernate, the 24MHz is kept on; before entering hibernate, CSR_HBR (APHY2) is set. After about 0.5s of hibernate, the core wakes up for USB reason.

B) During hibernate, the 24MHz is OFF; before entering hibernate, CSR_HBR (APHY2) is set. After about 0.5s of hibernate, the core wakes up for USB reason.

C) During hibernate, the 24MHz is OFF; before entering hibernate, CSR_HBR (APHY2) is NOT set. After about 1s of hibernate, the core wakes up for USB reason.

***** BUT *****

D) During hibernate, the 24MHz is kept on; before entering hibernate, CSR_HBR (APHY2) is NOT set. The core does not wake-up. The problem is the extra power consumption due to the 24MHz, which I want to avoid.

E) In situation A and C (I have not tried for B), if I put 100k external pull-down resistors on D+ and D-, the core does not wake-up. The problem is that it is not specified any need of such pull-down (and which value), so this is not satisfying as is.

Thanks for your help!

Outcomes