AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADRF6510 Eval Board software problem

Question asked by mnechert on Mar 9, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 28, 2014 by jdobler

Hello,

I have an older ADRF6510Z product eval board and am having issues with the USB control software.

• Driver didn't initially work
    • In the current software downloadable from the product page, the .inf driver information file has the VID/PID of my specific board commented out. I can only assume that in the newer board REVs that a new Cypress USB host chip is being used that has a different PID.
    • After uncommenting the correct PID (and commenting the other) I was able to successfully install the driver.
  • Software doesn't load
    • After I installed the driver, the .exe does not work. I have .net 3.5 installed and nothing happens. At least when the board is unplugged, or before the driver was installed, I would get a pop-up error saying the driver isn't installed. When the device plugged in and driver installed, there is no response after starting the .exe. I've tried this on 3 different machines (32b WinXP) with the same outcome each time.

Does this mean the older rev is longer supported? I noticed the eval software download file is called ADRF6510_Updated_Software.zip, and the "older" software isn't to be found anywhere.

Thanks!

Outcomes