AnsweredAssumed Answered

Midnight Mode, AVC & AD Virtual

Question asked by KKSL on Feb 8, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 by KKSL

Hello Brett,

1. How do AVC and midnight mode differ? Does midnight mode work around a -30db input reference and AVC take the present master volume level as reference as set by the user and compress signals above and expand it below this level? If yes, is this analogous to using post process gain of the dynamics block as volume control? Is there any discription for AVC block available?

2. Can I suimulate Midnight mode in AD1701 using an RMS compressor set to the graph as shown in the help file, by using a -6db gain before it and a 14db post process gain? What about the other settings for the compressor such as decay, hold etc. Are there any plans to port this to AD1701 using software slew?

3. How do I simulate AVC in AD1701? Are there any plans to port this to AD1701 using software slew?

4. After I develop an algorithm using the library blocks, is there any feature to package it like the midnight mode, Dynamic bass etc. If no, Will AD help me in packaging it?

5. How do I request AD licensed algorithms? Are these royalty free? I am interested in evaluating AD Virtual.

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes