AnsweredAssumed Answered

Proper way to  provide CM-voltage to instrumentation amp?

Question asked by PeterT on Feb 3, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 24, 2012 by MaryMc



I am asking advice on how to properly provide a common mode (CM) voltage to an instrumentation amp.

More specifically I want to use an AD7793 with the internal intrumentation amplifier active.

On page 24 in the datasheet it says that for the inamp a common-mode voltage of > 0.5V must be provided to the inputs of the AD7793.


The (DC) signal source is the single ended output of a AD8512. My question is now how to provide the CM voltage the best way. Is it really necessary to add the CM voltage for each input pin with an own opamp or is there better way to provide the CM to both inputs for a single ended DC signal?


Any advice is much appreciated!