AnsweredAssumed Answered

Managing project groups

Question asked by MisterB on Jan 26, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 30, 2012 by CraigG

Hi,

I have some questions using project groups in VisualDSP++:

1) I have build several VisualDSP++ project groups including several VDSP projects. Sometimes the projects have different default configurations in their project file. For this reason it is possible, that I load a project group into VisualDSP that contains projects with "Debug" default configuration and with "Release" default configuration. When I try to compile and link the projects with the "build all projects" context menu entry, I get an build error.Program A need a library B (dependency), but A is build for Debug, B is build for Release and the program A doesn't find the library. When I switch all projects manually to "Release" and then back to "Debug" all default configurations are overwritten in the project files (.dpj).

I found this behaviour in VisualDSP 5.0.10 and in lower versions.

Is there a possibility to load a project group file into VisualDSP with all projects in the same configuration? The above mentioned behaviour is very annoying, because linker errors occure with 100% perfect code.

2) Is their any keyboard short cut for the context menu "build all projects" "clean all projects"? This would be very helpful for every day work. I didn't find it in the user specific keyboard short cut setting menu.

3) Until now I know only to update project dependencies only be using "Project"->"Update dependencies" only for the active project. Is there any shortcut or menu entry for "update all project dependencies"? This would be very helpful. Within a project group with 20 projects it is very annoying to active each project to rebuild the project dependencies.

4) Is there any short cut to change the active project?

Kind regards,

Michael

Outcomes