Hello, how are you?
First I'd like to say that I'm very happy that I found this forum! Please don't mind my lack of knowledge, I'm getting myself started in DSP.
So, recently I designed a powered mixer that has the following features and I accomplished it using a mix of analog signal processing + independent processors:
- MP3 Player and Recorder (up to 320Kbps) - PIC32MX + PT8405 MP3 CODEC
- Sound effects: Reverbs, Chorus, Flanger, Pitch Shifter, Delays, etc. - SPIN FV-1
- 5 mono input channels, featuring PAN, Bass & Treble EQ, Variable High Pass Filter 12Db/oct and effect level control. - ANALOG ONLY
- 2 Auxiliary stereo input channels - ANALOG ONLY
- Speaker output with 7-Band EQ - ANALOG ONLY
As you can see, I used too many components. I'd like very much to design a similar project using DSP so it will be a lot neater and much more flexible. For that kind of job, which processor will do? Blackfin, SHARC? What would be a nice evaluation kit to buy?
I highly appreciate your input!
Thanks a lot.