AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADV7441A timing controls not working on Component Processor

Question asked by jsly.vaddio on Jan 12, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2012 by jsly.vaddio

Horizontal and Verticle Timing Controls Do not work, but Field Timing Controls do???

we have application of incoming video of standard definition (525i "NTSC" and 625i PAL) and also HD 720p, 1080i, 1080p,  the default settings for HD components seems to work correctly outputting H,V,F, in both embedded video and active sync video,  when inputting a SD signal into the CP ("As recommended by ADI to use CP not SDP")   the default settings are Incorrect.   for PAL the field signal is 1 line late per video spec,  for NTSC the field signal is also off by 2 and 3 lines late, but also the V signal is off by several lines.    I can adjust the field signals to the proper postion by writing the following registers:

for PAL  write Register 0x80 to value 0xFF;     // to fix field adjust and this code works, the F signal moves back 1 line

for NTSC write Register 0x80 to value 0xDE;   // to fix Field adjust and this code works, the F signal moves back 3 and 2 lines

for NTSC write Register 0x7F to value 0x??    // If I write values to this register the V signal does not move

Outcomes