AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is there a FMCJESDADC1 program example for Linux

Question asked by asm2750 on Aug 7, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 8, 2018 by mhennerich

Hello,

I'm starting a new project that is using a pair of AD9250 ADCs for signal capture and I'm looking for an example on how to use it in Linux. My platform is using a Xilinx Zynq on a ZC706 board and I understand what I need to do for the block design but, I'm a little confused on what drivers I need to use under Linux and how to use them.

I've gone over the No-OS example for the FMCJESDADC1 board and it makes sense to me on how the ADCs and JESD interfaces are set up and accessed by using instance structures to set up the ADCs and then using the dmac driver to access the ADCs output from the JESD interface through a DMA.

However for Linux, there seems to be two IIO drivers I need to use setup and use to configure and access the pair of AD9250s. The first driver is AXI ADC HDL Linux Driver, and the second is the AXI JESD204B HDL Linux Driver. I understand I have to configure interfaces and DMAs in my device tree to use the mentioned drivers but, I can't find an example on how to setup and use the drivers in my own program to access the ADCs. Does anyone know of an example they can point me to? It doesn't have to be for the AD9250 or FMCJESDADC1 board specifically it can also be something similar that uses JESD and DMAs. 

I should mention I am using Vivado 2018.2 and Petalinux 2018.2 for my build environment.

Thanks.

Outcomes