AnsweredAssumed Answered

LTC6268-10 Active Probe Adaptation and looking for a word of advice...

Question asked by BP2015-MDC on Aug 7, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 8, 2018 by GlenBrisebois

Hello Dear Scientists/Engineers,

good morning,

I was wondering if the circuit from the LTC6268-10 could be adapted to measure voltage 100V pp. also to include with an offset of -2.5V on its output 0...5V or 0...3.3V, so that it also can be hooked up to a microprocessor/ Teensy3.2, Beaglebone. I am not sure yet if I will use a external sampling ADC 12 Bit or 10 Bit to match its speed. ( love to hear a word of advice here)

another point is: I tried adding a LT6268-10 for an offset but it is giving funny results, and I believe this schematic is pretty balanced in its configuration. ( do I require to use a Small Signal Analysis to make adaptations?)

for better understanding I would like to know the function of R5 and R2, R3, There again R9 and R8 and why this does not apply for the negative Input from the LTC6268 (its differential or?)

I know that I am not working with that fast signals (micro/milliseconds) but still I would like to build the active Probe to measure fast bipolar signals generated by complementary FETs. for this I am using PA78DK with a extra complementary FET stage which has 1 us settling time.

I hope this all makes sense.

Best Bastiaan

Outcomes