AnsweredAssumed Answered

Programming ADuCM363

Question asked by scott.williams.113 on Aug 6, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 6, 2018 by barryzhang

Hi there,

I have some "reasonable" experience with Microcontrollers. However, this is limited to:

• 8-Bit: Writing code in Atmel Studio, and using an AVR Programmer via ISP to program ATMega Microcontrollers
  • 32-Bit: Writing code in Attolic TrueStudio, and using an ST-Link Programmer via SW to program ST Microcontrollers

Despite this, however, I have no idea where to even start with the ADuCM363, or any Analog Microcontroller for that matter. I plan to use this chip on an upcoming project at work - a very simple system, simply the Micro sampling 1 sensor ADC channel, and transmitting the data over RS-485 using an integrated transceiver.

I really want to use this chip as the 24-Bit ADC is insane, and I'd like to get some experience with using other families of microcontrollers.

But I'm at a roadblock in that (1) I'm not sure what SDK/development/compiler environment to use, (2) I'm not sure what programmer I need, and (3) with said programmer, I'm not sure how to (on the PCB etc.) interface this to the Micro.

Here is a picture of the Microcontroller-related section of my schematic so far. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated on what I need.

Microcontroller Schematic (So Far)

I'm guessing much like ST it's something to do with the SWCLK, SWDIO, and RESET# pins. But what exactly it will be, I have no idea.

Thank you

Outcomes