AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADI_NFC_ECC_MODE_NAND_BOOT support for BF547

Question asked by rwartinger on Jan 8, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2012 by CraigG

I have a custom board with a BF547 and Micron NAND on the async bus.  I need to write a bootable image into NAND in NAND_BOOT ECC format.  The image is being read from a SPI flash device that is plugged in when the user wants to update their system.  I'm using VisualDSP++ 5.0 and trying to use the ADI_NFC driver.  I read another post which listed ADI_NFC_ECC_MODE_NAND_BOOT as a valid ECC mode.  However, my ADI_NFC driver does not appear to support this mode. The enumeration in my adi_nfc.h is:

typedef enum ADI_NFC_ECC_MODE
{
    ADI_NFC_ECC_MODE_NON_SEQUENTIAL = 0,    /* ECC stored non-sequentially in NFD Spare area    */
    ADI_NFC_ECC_MODE_SEQUENTIAL,            /* ECC stored sequentially in NFD Spare area        */
    ADI_NFC_ECC_MODE_DISABLE                /* Disable Error correction/Discard HW generated ECC*/
} ADI_NFC_ECC_MODE;

Is there a different version of the driver that I could use to accomplish what I'm trying to do?  Or am I in a situation where I need to write my own NFC driver?  Has anyone done anything similar who could point me to some example code so I'm not starting from scratch?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Ray

Outcomes