Using the ADE9078 I found that the VRMS and IRMS registers do update on small I=500mA and V=10V input values.
I simulate these values with an OMICRON simulator.
For current CT1000:1 with R=180Ohm burden res.
For Volt resistor divider = 150x.
So on 500mArms input, I measure 0.09Vrms at input pin.
And on10Vrms input, I measure 0.066Vrms at input pin.
With the inputs above I get readings of VRMS=3297683 and IRMS=6654074, and these values updates every time I run the debugger on the PIC33 through SPI.
But if I change the input to the following values:
1Arms input, I measure 0.18Vrms at input pin.
63Vrms input, I measure 0.42Vrms at input pin.
Then the VRMS and IRMS values update about 3 times and then it stays the same, so every time I read the value in the register it stays the same, even if I change the input values (Vin and Iin).
I'm sure I'm still within the input voltage range of the chip as to not saturate the input pins.
My setup as follows:
1. Write 0x00000000 to xIGIAN, xVGAIN and xPGAIN registers.
2. Write 0x0010 to ACCMODE register, 3-wire delta, 50 Hz
3. Write 0x00117514 to VLEVEL register.
4. Write 0x00000000 to CONFIG0, . Set ININTEN=0 , INTEN=0
5. Write 0x0000 to WFB_CFG, 0x0000 Set bit 9&8 to 00
6. Write 1 to RUN register
7. Write 1 to EP_CFG register
I then watch for DREADY bit in STATUS0 register.
Any help will be appreciated.