AnsweredAssumed Answered

The block diagrams in the TES software, Configuration Tab, seem to indicate it is possible for the ORX path to get a LO that is different than the transmit path.

Question asked by mnickels@srcinc.com on Jul 19, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2018 by sripad

Particularly, the ADRV9008-2 block diagram shows a mux for the ORX LO that lets it be external, LO1, or LO2.

However, after reading the ADRV900X FAQ on this site, I get the impression the user doesn't have control of this.  I'm assuming LO1 is the "Aux" LO referred to in the FAQ that is only used by the ORX path in "calibrations".  Am I interpreting this correctly?

Is there no way to "hack" something at the API level to have the LO1/Aux LO be user controllable and use the ORX path like an FDD receiver if used in applications where it will not be used for DPD feedback/training during transmit?

Also, the ADRV9009 Block diagram in both TES and the datasheet hints at two demodulators for ORX1 and ORX2, but the ADRV9008-2 block diagram in TES indicates there is only 1 demodulator (although in its datasheet it looks like 2 are indicated) which implies either ORX1 or ORX2 input can be selected for use at one time but not both.  The datasheet textual description of the ORX channel and the FAQ seem to be in agreement that the ORX channels are multiplexed into a single demodulator.  Is that correct?  Is the indication on the ADRV9009 TES and datasheet block diagram (and the ADRV9008-2 datasheet block diagram) a mistake, or does it actually have two demodulators, one for ORX1 and one for ORX2 allowing them to both be used at the same time?

Outcomes