AnsweredAssumed Answered

CCES Linux-Addin for ADSP-SC5xx example fails

Question asked by jb@hme on Jul 11, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 12, 2018 by jb@hme

Installed CrossCore Embedded Studio v2.8.0 for (Ubuntu) Linux to be able to develop for embedded Linux on the ADSP-SC573’s ARM Cortex-A5 core. I was (unpleasantly) surprised to discover from the documentation that the CCES Linux Add-in v1.2.0 only runs on a Linux host along with CCES for Linux, which in turn ADI strongly recommends is run on dedicated PC hardware, not a virtual machine.

I finished installing Ubuntu Linux, CCES for Linux, the Linux Add-in for CCES on a PC, followed the Release Notes to create a new project and eventually stumbled onto Help -> Browse Examples only to discover that the Sharc_Core_Control_Example doesn't build. I corrected the "../system/mcapi/GeneratedSources/mcapi_config.c:16 fatal error: services/mcapi/mcapi.h: No such file or directory" by creating a soft-link ~/cces_ws//examples/linux_1.2.0/services pointing to /opt/analog/cces-linux-add-in/1.2.0/buildroot-sc5xx-1.2.0/sysroot/usr/include, adding a include path to ~/cces_ws//examples/linux_1.2.0, and changing the #include to <services/mcpi-2.0/mcpi.h>. 

Now it fails with:
  "../system/mcapi/GeneratedSources/mcapi_config.c:60:40: error: '_ADI_MCAPI_ENDPOINT_SIZE' undeclared here (not in a function)"
Similar thing happens on line 66 for '_ADI_MCAPI_RERQUEST_SIZE' and I can't find either in /opt/analog/* or in ~/cces_ws//examples/*.  That I can't fix.

Might I suggest you report to your management that making sure your products' examples build would be a cost-effective  customer support decision, not to mention significantly increasing customer satisfaction and perceived product quality and brand recognition. Obviously, the cause for this is not with Customer Services.linux add-in cces-linux linux-addin-1.2.0 

Outcomes