AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple ADAU1761 Program Data Loads

Question asked by DanFromL3 on Jul 10, 2018

Hello - I am loading the ADAU1761 device using the 'default_download' routine generated by SigmaStudio. In that routine, I see that the Program Data is loaded multiple times (a total of six times):

SIGMA_WRITE_REGISTER_BLOCK( DEVICE_ADDR_IC_1, REG_JACKREGISTER_IC_1_ADDR, REG_JACKREGISTER_IC_1_BYTE, R15_JACKREGISTER_IC_1_Default );
SIGMA_WRITE_REGISTER_BLOCK( DEVICE_ADDR_IC_1, PROGRAM_ADDR_IC_1, PROGRAM_SIZE_IC_1, Program_Data_IC_1 );
SIGMA_WRITE_REGISTER_BLOCK( DEVICE_ADDR_IC_1, PROGRAM_ADDR_IC_1, PROGRAM_SIZE_IC_1, Program_Data_IC_1 );
SIGMA_WRITE_REGISTER_BLOCK( DEVICE_ADDR_IC_1, PROGRAM_ADDR_IC_1, PROGRAM_SIZE_IC_1, Program_Data_IC_1 ); /* Are these five loads really necessary? */
SIGMA_WRITE_REGISTER_BLOCK( DEVICE_ADDR_IC_1, REG_DSP_ENABLE_REGISTER_IC_1_ADDR, REG_DSP_ENABLE_REGISTER_IC_1_BYTE, R21_DSP_ENABLE_REGISTER_IC_1_Default );
SIGMA_WRITE_REGISTER_BLOCK( DEVICE_ADDR_IC_1, REG_CLOCK_ENABLE_REG_0_IC_1_ADDR , R32_CLOCK_ENABLE_REGISTERS_IC_1_SIZE, R32_CLOCK_ENABLE_REGISTERS_IC_1_Default );
SIGMA_WRITE_REGISTER_BLOCK( DEVICE_ADDR_IC_1, PROGRAM_ADDR_IC_1, PROGRAM_SIZE_IC_1, Program_Data_IC_1 ); /* Can I just do this load? */
SIGMA_WRITE_REGISTER_BLOCK( DEVICE_ADDR_IC_1, PARAM_ADDR_IC_1, PARAM_SIZE_IC_1, Param_Data_IC_1 );

When I take the first five Program Data loads out (leaving the last one in), the device still **seems** to program correctly. Why is SigmaStudio generating code that loads Program Data six times? Is this really necessary for the part to function properly?

See the attached file for the full routine. I am using SigmaStudio Version 3.17. Build 1, Rev 1748.

Thanks for any information you can give,

Dan

Attachments

Outcomes