AnsweredAssumed Answered

See the manual AD9959 for any frequency output when the phase has a control resolution of 0.022 degrees?

Question asked by Glenfu on Jul 6, 2018

According to the manual Φ = / 16384 (POW) * 360 formula, AD9959 minimum phase difference between the two channels of sine wave can have the accuracy of 0.02197 degrees, but when I actually use the amplitude, frequency, all can realize manual distinguish precision, but the phase accuracy is comparatively large difference with manual: such as AD9959 output 1 MHZ as far as how to adjust the phase offset word manual precision less than 0.022 degrees, only to 100 hz frequency resolution to achieve more apparent phase difference between the two channels.

Do I understand that the phase difference between two channel sine waves can be arbitrarily adjusted from 0.022-360 degrees when the AD9959 is output at any frequency of 0.001 hz-200mhz?Is the higher the output frequency of AD9959, the lower the accuracy of channel sinusoidal phase implementation?For example: 100 hz can achieve minimum phase difference between the two channels sine wave during 0.022 degrees, but with the increased of output frequency, such as 1 MHZ can achieve minimum phase difference between the two channels sine wave is several times or even dozens of degree?I think AD9959 on chip cosine Angle corresponding to the amplitude of the resolution of the data table should be 16384, when the clock frequency must be at that time, the higher the output frequency corresponding to the data table drawn point is the less, the lower phase resolution will accordingly, I guess is correct?

Outcomes