I've just installed VisualDSP++ 3.5 for 16-Bit Processors. I'm using an ADSP-218x EZ-KIT Lite as the target. It does not appear in the Session list. How do I connect to my EZ-KIT?
ColinJ wrote: I've just installed VisualDSP++ 3.5 for 16-Bit Processors. I'm using an ADSP-218x EZ-KIT Lite as the target. It does not appear in the Session list. How do I connect to my EZ-KIT?
In VisualDSP++ 3.5 you must first create a Platform in the Configurator before creating the appropriate session, as follows:
1. Open the VisualDSP++ Configurator utility from the VisualDSP++ 3.5 program group in the Windows Start menu.
2. Once open select either the 'ADSP-2181 EZ-KIT Lite via COM port' or 'ADSP-2189 EZ-KIT Lite via COM port' Platform Template depending on which EZ-KIT you have. 3. Click the copy button and the Platform Properties window will appear.
4. You should not need to make any changes in the Platform Properties window although ensure COM Port is set to 1 and that your EZ-KIT is attached to COM port 1 of your computer before continuing.
5. Hit OK, the Platform Properties window will close and you will notice that the Platform you just created appears under the Platforms section of the Configurator.
6. Hit OK to exit the Configurator utility.
7. Start VisualDSP++ while pressing and holding the CTRL key and the Session Window will load.
8. Select New Session and once loaded select 'EZ-KIT 218x' from the 'Debug Target' drop down list in the New Session window.
9. The Processor type should be either ADSP-2181 or ADSP-2189 and the Session Name should match what you created in the Configurator i.e. 'ADSP-2181 EZ-KIT Lite via COM port'.
10. Hit OK to close the New Session list window.
11. From the Session List window ensure your session is highlighted and select Activate.
12. You will be prompted to press the EZ-KIT reset button. Press this button and select OK from the prompt after doing so.
13. You should now be connected to your 218x EZ-KIT session.
Retrieving data ...