AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple AD9208-3000EBZ Synchronization Problem

Question asked by AxelYs on Jun 26, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 29, 2018 by UmeshJ

Hi everyone,

I am having some problems with multiple AD9208-3000EBZ synchronization. I am using ADS7-V2 as control board.

I use an additional clock source to provide sampling clock (2.4GHz), FPGA reference clock (600MHz) and SYSREF signal (Continuous mode). I managed to capture data from both inputs of AD9208-3000EBZ. 

However, I am not sure how can I achieve multiple AD9208-3000EBZ synchronization. I find that there is a external trigger input on ADS7-V2. I am wondering if I can fed the same trigger signal to two ADS7-V2 (each connected to AD9208-3000EBZ via FMC) so that when trigger signal goes high, two FPGAs capture data? If this approach is possible, could you please describe the key procedures in detail for me?

In addition to this, I also found some users suggesting that SYSREF signal can be used to achieve multiple AD9208-3000EBZ synchronization. I am quite confused about that. Is it the same as TIMESTAMP mode mentioned in AD9208 datasheet (Multichip Synchronization section)? Besides, I realized that one of the users mentioned that the 'External SYSREF to FPGA' pin and 'Global Clock to FPGA' pin can be used to achieve multiple AD9208-EBZ synchronization. I am not sure how to use these two pins. Could you please explain these problem for me?  

Regards

Zichuan Zhou

Outcomes