AnsweredAssumed Answered

X, Y and Z data corresponding to one sample point

Question asked by StephanB on Jun 21, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 11, 2018 by StephanB

Can the ADXL355 provide X, Y and Z for a set corresponding to one sample point in time and if so how?

The data sheet states clearly “It is not guaranteed that XDATA, YDATA, and ZDATA form a set corresponding to one sample point in time.”

Fortunately I use the FIFO rather than the X, Y, Z registers. There is no clear statement for the FIFO regarding “X, Y and Z for a set corresponding to one sample point in time”. The datasheet does state “A read from the FIFO address guarantees that the three bytes associated with the acceleration measurement on an axis all pertain to the same measurement.” but that is not the same thing. I would expect the three bytes of a single axis to belong together. I need the 9 bytes of all three Axes (X, Y and Z) to belong together and to corresponding to one sample point in time.

Can you let me know if this is possible with the ADXL355 and if so how? If it is not possible can you let me know how far apart X, Y and Z can drift in terms of belonging to non – corresponding samples?

I read XYZ via the FIFO at 4KHz

Outcomes