AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9364 no-OS controlled by SPI, DATA_CLK issues

Question asked by natz on Jun 14, 2018

Hi, I have an AD9364 on FMCOMMS4-EBZ. I'm using it with the no-OS driver, and controlled by SPI from an STM32 microcontroller. My goal is to get the value of data_clk, rx_frame and all the datas via the digital port.

Having trouble acquiring datas I spent a lot of time trying to understand the driver and all its functions. After quite a few research I found out that some of the register's writting were "wrong" compare to the documentation (AD9364 Register Map Reference Manual UG-672), for example it writes 0x7f in register 0x065 but D4 of this register has to be 0 according to the UG. So I don't really  know which should I trust, the doc or the driver (knowing that the driver has been developped for the AD9361 at first)?

Another question: Running my setup I repeatly have an error occuring at the calibration of de Rx BB. When the rx_bb_analog_filter_calib function is called, and the end it does the calibration and the bit D7 of register 0x016 should clear itself when finished but it won't causing a timeout and the error. I did some research on the forum, double-checked my reference clock and other linked functions like do_div(), nothing changed... What could be the cause of this error?

Anyway I'm not able to get anything from any of the data_clk and rx_frame lines for the moment, and hope you could help me!

Thanks for your help!

Outcomes