updated to SS 4.1 Yesterday.
When I try to load a file made with SS4.0, I get a lot of Error Messages (see Picture.)
PC: Win 7, 8GB RAM, SS4.1 installed as Administrator. SS4.0 works without Problems.
The problem isn't limited to Win7, I just tried the file with SigmaStudio 4.1 on Win10 and got similar errors. SigmaStudio 3.17 under Win10 opened it fine.
Your file size of 3.5 MB unzipped is huge. They generally don't get this large, especially for a Sigma100 (ADAU1401 / 1701 DSP). The largest file I have ever made is 2.35 MB, and this for a Sigma300 chip with about 10x the capacity. To me this raises a red flag. I've occasionally seen .dspproj files grow for no good reason. Often enough when this occurs the file eventually gives problems -- for example after being modified further, or (as you have found) opening it with a different SigmaStudio version. I've actually taken to manually rebuild such projects from scratch, which often results in a file of normal size which works as it should. Actually this takes less time than did the original, with the result neater and more easily maintained. However, I'm hoping that someone at ADI could examine your file and somehow spare you such effort.
SigmaStudio 4.1's huge advantage is that it improves USBi reliability with Win10 and/or USB 3.0 ports. If a bug in 4.1 is causing this issue, hopefully it can be fixed.
I was able to replicate your findings here on my Window 10 machine. I could open up the project fine with Rev 4.0 but it had issues with Rev 4.1.
The problem seems to be when you add an algorithm. It appears that a bug has been introduced with this function.
So the workaround is to not stack the algorithm but to just copy and paste another instance. Note that this is not when you grow the cell, this is when you add and algorithm.
This was what I did in your project as a work-around.
Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the great report with the project and all the info we needed to support you.
Retrieving data ...