AnsweredAssumed Answered

LTC2664 Maximum Output Voltage can not be reached?

Question asked by GWeiss on May 21, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 7, 2018 by Clarence.Mayott

Dear Sirs!

Currently I’m working on a LTC2664-16 DAC and I’m wondering why I cannot get the maximum output voltage out of the Part. The chip is integrated on a own Board (see SCH). When I try to get the maximum positive output Voltage out of a channel I would assume 10Volts as the datasheet shows. Of course Span and Reference should be configured correctly and headroom from the power supply has to be there.

I get very close to 10Volts but not exactly. On my design I get +9.9833 Volts positive and -9.9841 Volts negative. Where do I lose the 0,0167Volts / 0,0159Volts. There is no current down from the output, the load is a 100k resistor.

Due to the fact that I’m not sure if I made everything all right in my design, I tried trouble shooting the problem and bought the following Boards. Linduino ONE Board in combination with LT3471EDD for power supply (±12Volts) and the demo circuit 2376A-A. The same thing happened on this approach. I cannot get the ±10Volts at the output.

Can you give me some advice? Do I overlook something? Do I have a general mistake in my thoughts?

What else could I check? Any other ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

Georg

Attachments

Outcomes