AnsweredAssumed Answered

ZedBoard and FMCOMMS2/3/4 how to flush the buffer in burst mode without using release function?

Question asked by Rtenas on May 4, 2018
Latest reply on May 22, 2018 by travisfcollins

Hello,

I am using the ZedBoard and FMCOMMS3 to receive data in two channels. I am using an IF of 0.5MHz and Fs of 4 MHz. Since I get a warining : "1 samples from the radio have been lost", I am trying to use the burst mode. When I do that, I do not lose samples any more, since they are stored in the buffer and then processed. The problem is that I want to measure in real-time. I am processing the next example:

1. I send a -50 dBm signal with a signal generator to the zedboard and I capture the data.

2. I change the output power of the signal generator to -40 dBm. I capture the data, and I expect to get this -40 dBm, but I still get -50 dBm because the buffer was filled with the previous signal.

Is there a way to flush the buffer of the sdrrx object before capturing the new set of data (-40 dBm) in the last example?

The other option if to use the normal mode, without burst mode enabled, but I still capture information that I do not expect I guess that due to the buffers. Is there a way to clear the buffers before performing a new capture of data? I am capturing 50 frames of 36000 samples each every time I capture the signal.

Thanks very much.

Outcomes