AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADAU1701 Full Scale Output Voltage Slightly Low for Full Scale Input Voltage

Question asked by Jesse4801 on Apr 25, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 30, 2018 by Jesse4801

Hi,

I am using the ADAU1701 DSP and I am passing a full scale input signal (2V RMS) directly through from the external 18k resistor on ADC0 (Pin2) to VOUT0 (Pin46). The issue is that I am finding that the output voltage is 35mV short of 0.9V RMS full scale output of the DAC.

The signal level detector is showing -4dB. If I put in an input signal slightly greater than 2V RMS, the signal meter will go to -3dB etc (see attached screenshot).

I've double checked the hardware. I am sampling at 48kHz. therefore ADC0 and ADC_RES are fitted with an 18k external resistor (+/-1% tolerance) as per the datasheet (see attached schematic snippet).

I’ve also double checked that I am initializing the DAC Setup Register as per page 44 of the datasheet.

That datasheet doesn't specify a tolerance on the full-scale output of the DAC but just states 0.9V RMS as the typical.

Just wondering if the 35mV error that I am getting is within tolerance of the chip or if it is large enough to warrant further investigation of my design?

Kind Regards,

Jesse

Outcomes