AnsweredAssumed Answered

Zynq & Altera SoC Quick Start Guide - Accessing Files

Question asked by MichaelBrewin on Apr 12, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 6, 2018 by aardelean

1) Has ADI got a dedicated SDR development category.

My questions look like they will be split between Linux S/ware drivers and FPGA reference Designs.

I am developing an SDR application on the ADi RF SOM.

I got through the Zynq & Altera SoC Quick Start Guide [Analog Devices Wiki]  without issue until I got to the section about Accessing Files. This section was posted   12 Dec 2014 16:28 · mhennerich.

I couldn't understand what was trying to be achieved here, or waht connections were being made to what.

At this stage, I had the ADI RF SOM plugged into the internet via the company's (DHCP served) network and had completed all the updates to the Linux Kernel & Tools on the SOM

Accessing Files (on What ???)  - From Windows hosts

The only thing you need to do is:

1.  Plug in a network cable (network with DHCP)                                   Q.  To What - a windows machine ?

or between a Widnows machine & the SOM ?

2.  On the console type ipconfig                         This must be on a windows machine ?   3.  Now you know your IP address (inet addr:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)         Yes fine.

4.  On Windows Internet Explorer type following URL \\XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

or use the Map Network Drive functionality the path is: \\XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX\ADI Linux Image

This is what I don't understand at all. What does this do ?  What is it trying to do...?

Is this section emant to show how to establish a connection between a Windows PC and the RF SOM directly...?

Where/ what does the directory name ADI LINUX appear from ?  e.g. It is not on the SD card.

Can this instruction be clarified please - with further and fuller text.

In other instructions (from MATLAB) I have successfully used IP address 192.168.3.2 ( SOM defualt) on the ADI RF SOM and used a second private ethernet connection from the PC to ADI RF SOM ( fixing the PC's second NIC at 192.168.3.1)     to get the MATLAB demo workin for the ADI RF SOM.

I also noticed that although I could ping the ADI RF SOM from the Windows machine, Niether the ADI nor MATLAB linux allowed me to ping back from the ADI RF SOM to the Windows Host - Is there a way to change Linux to allow this. I have come accross it before, but can't remember what the problem was or how it was resovled.

Many Thanks,

Michael-B

Outcomes