We plan to use the ADM3260 on a module. The module will be used in 3.3V, 5V and 3.3/5 mixed setups.
The module hosting the ADM3260 breaks out VIN, GND, VDDP (& PDIS, SCL, SDA). Users of the module need to be able to power VIN and VDDP by separate power rails from the motherboard. Both VIN and VDDP need to accept 3.3V-5V independently.
- VIN can be 3.3V - 5.0V
- VDDP is on a separate rail and can also be 3.3V - 5V
- VISO is set to 3.9V via VSEL
- VDDISO is powered from VISO @ 3.9V
- PDIS used by the motherboard/user for power management ( a transistor on the module will also shut down VDDP)
For our module, all voltages 3.3-5V are valid, but here are the extremes:
- VIN = 5.0V & VDDP = 3.3V
- VIN = 5.0V & VDDP = 5.0V
- VIN = 3.3V & VDDP = 3.3V
- VIN = 3.3V & VDDP = 5V (unlikely)
Can the iCoupler handle the voltage differences VDDPISO (3.9V)? Do you see any problem with this setup? I don't seem to be able to work out all of the details from the datasheet... any help greatly appreciated.