I want to know if I can interface CS8416 with ADAU1701 even though the ADAU1701 does not have an ASRC.
Here is what I am proposing and I would appreciate if anyone can confirm or otherwise if the following would work.
1. Use the CS8416 without microcontroller
2. Use the CS8416 I2S port in SLAVE mode
3. Use the ADAU1701 I2S output port in MASTER mode
4. Connect the ADAU1701 LRCLKI with LRCLKO externally to form LRCLK signal
5. Connect the ADAU1701 BLKI with BCLKO externally to form BCLK signal
6. Connect LRCLK, BCLK and SDI_0 to the respective I2S port pins of CS8416
7. Connect LRCLK, BCLK and SDO_0 to the respective I2S port pins of an external SLAVE DAC
In the attached picture, DOUT1, DOUT2 and DOUT3 are outputs of 3 x CS8416 with common LRCLK, BCLK and that receive digital input from the same source.
DIN1 is input to an external receiver in SLAVE mode.
I am hoping that since the BCLK and LRCLK are synshronous with the ADAU1701 master clock, there would be no need for an ASRC.
Kindly correct me if I am assuming wrong. Let me know if you need any further information from my side.
Thanks in advance!!