AnsweredAssumed Answered

EV-COG-AD3029LZ BLE Examples - Pairing Issue

Question asked by jrombola Employee on Mar 19, 2018

Hello,

I have downloaded the Android IoTNode application from the wiki page:

Android Smart Device App [Analog Devices Wiki] 

I followed the instructions to put it on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (model SM-T280NZKAXAR).  Then, I ran the "hello_world" example that comes with the packs I installed for the EV-COG-AD3029LZ.  I am able to see the ADI_BLE_HELLOWORLD pop up on the list of connections, but when I click on it, a window pops up that reads:  Discover Services: Scanning remote device services.  When the window goes away, it says "Couldn't establish connection, please try again" at the bottom of the screen.  The console window within CCES, shows "Unexpected event received. Error sending the data." as if it still connected.  

I am able to connect with other devices, just not the Galaxy Tab A.  Are there known compatibility issues?  

I have tried restarting the device several times, toggling the Bluetooth on and off, and booting in safe mode (this doesn't help because the device isn't rooted so the IoTNode app does not appear).  I also tried switching out the EV-COG-BLEINTP1Z board in case there was an issue there.  Nothing has worked so far.  

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jordyn

Outcomes