AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9363 Tx and Rx Calibration Save Recall

Question asked by CanadaGuy on Mar 14, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 15, 2018 by Vinod

I'm using the AD9363 on a PlutoSDR platform, and was directed here since my question was more specific to the AD936x than the PlutoSDR. Part of my application involves transmitting a signal on the Tx, and measuring the response with the Rx. Put another way, I would like to use the Rx as a spectrum analyzer with the Tx as a reference.

For the Tx side of things, manual mode seems to allow tx_quad and rf_dc_offs calibrations to be run on demand, say with a well behaved signal. However, on the Rx side of things, it appears that you can only have it disabled with adaptation and correction off, or enabled with adaptation and correction on.

Is there a way to make the Rx correction static...run it once with a well behaved signal, disable adaptation, but leave the correction enabled? In my scenario, a better alternative might be the ability to run corrections over several frequencies, and store the correction for each frequency. I was given this as a potential starting point:

Please check the register manual UG-671  

1. Rx PHASE AND GAIN CORRECTION REGISTERS (ADDRESS 0x170 THROUGH ADDRESS 0x182)
  2. Rx BB DC OFFSET REGISTERS (ADDRESS 0x19A THROUGH ADDRESS 0x1A5)
  3. Tx QUADRATURE CALIBRATION PHASE, GAIN, AND OFFSET CORRECTION REGISTERS (ADDRESS 0x08E THROUGH ADDRESS 0x09F)

Outcomes