AnsweredAssumed Answered

VDK Status corrupted

Question asked by LloydE on Dec 2, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2012 by LloydE

I am running a BF536 on a custom board using the ICE-100B emulator to debug my code in VisualDSP++ 5.0.10.0. Normally the code runs okay without any problems. However, if I stop the debugger and open the View->VDK Windows->Status to view the state of the processor, the VDK Status window's list of threads appears to have been corrupted somehow.

Basically what I see is that the name of my threads have been changed to unprintable characters and the information for each thread appears to be corrupted. I have included a bitmap which shows a corrupted VDK Status window (you will have to assume that I named my threads with printable characters when I started).

My question is: what can cause this to happen and has anyone seen this before? I am assuming that I have some sort of stack overflow or rogue pointer which is corrupting memory but I'll be damned if I can find it.

If I knew where the VDK status was defined in memory then I could check if the memory was being overwritten (by using a hardware breakpoint on a write to that area of memory). Can anyone tell me where in memory the thread names and status is defined? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Outcomes