AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADC of the evaluation board not giving correct results

Question asked by srinivasa on Mar 9, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 9, 2018 by barryzhang

Hello,

I have been working with ADICUP360 evalulation board and tried to connect a precision resistor of 500 ohms at the terminals AIN4+, AIN1-.

I used an excitation current of 1mA and used the internal reference (1.2V); Initially i was able to see the ADC conversion result with a gain factor of 2. The value indicated was 06A97CB0 indicating a voltage of 0.499 V. However, When i am connecting the resistor again i cannot see the value instead i am seeing some junk value in ADC0DAT.

Please help to locate the source of error.

void SystemInit (void)
{
  pADI_WDT->T3CON  = 0;                    /* disable watchdog */

pADI_CLKCTL->CLKCON0   = 0x0;            /* 16MHz output of UCLK divide */
  pADI_CLKCTL->CLKSYSDIV = 0;              /* No divide of 16MHz system clock */
  pADI_CLKCTL->CLKCON1   = 0x0;            /* PWM = 16MHz, UART = 16MHz, SPI1 = 16MHz, SPI0=16MHz */
  pADI_CLKCTL->CLKDIS    = 0x0;            /* Enable clock to all peripherals */
    pADI_ADC0-> CON = 0x000B0081;         /* ADDED NEW CONFIGURATION FOR ADC0 FOR CHECKING */
    pADI_ADC0-> MSKI = 0x00;
    pADI_ADC0-> ADCCFG = 0x0000;
    pADI_ADC0-> MDE = 0x0001;
    pADI_ADC0-> RCR = 0x0000;
    pADI_ANA->IEXCCON = 0x04;             /* ADDED EXCITATION SOURCES CURRENT CONTROL REGISTER */
    pADI_ANA->IEXCDAT = 0x3E;                            /* ADDED EXCITATION CURRENT VALUE AS 1 MILLI AMPERES */
    pADI_ADC0-> FLT = 0x007D;                            /* FILTERS ENABLED */
    /*pADI_ADC0-> STA = 0x0000;                            /* FILTERS ENABLED */
}

Could you please help to locate the error.

With Best Regards

Srinivas

Attachments

Outcomes