AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMCOMMS5 slow transfer rate between host PC and target platform via gigabit ethernet

Question asked by Hrvoje on Mar 6, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 8, 2018 by mhennerich

I've recently purchased AD-FMCOMMS5 platform and i've connected it to the Xilinx ZC706 developement board. I've prepared SD card as explained in the guide with the 2017_R1 image and have written simple application in C for continuous sample capture from a single RX channel. Application is runing on a host PC (and it's using libiio v0.14) and it's communicating with target platform via ethernet. My PC is equipped with 1Gbps ethernet card. Problem i'm having is lots of lost samples if i set RX sample rate above ~4 MSPS. I've tried using iio_adi_xflow_check application and if i set sample rate @ ~4 MSPS i'm getting overflow messages which leads me to believe there is a throughput problem with a network backend. I've also tried running iio_adi_xflow_check application on a target platform with -n localhost switch and the same problem occurs. Is there any way to achieve better network throughput (different SD card image versions? maybe my setup is faulty?) or will i be forced to run applications directly on the target platform?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Outcomes