AnsweredAssumed Answered

EVB User guide for ADM106x power sequencers and eval boards

Question asked by qwerty on Feb 24, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 5, 2018 by hopal
Branched from an earlier discussion

Hey, I'm back with another (vaguely related) question about the ADM106x Eval Board !

The EVB user guide (UG-063) says "An additional on-board two-way, push-pull/open-drain switch,

S3, can be used by the user to emulate digital inputs, if required."

I don't see is any guidance on how to do this properly, so want to confirm I have it right.

There's the dual on/off switch, S3, connected to a pair of 2-pin headers, X49 and X32. If I wanted

to emulate a digital input at one of the VX inputs, I think I'd need to take the following 3 steps:

- disconnect the relevant LDO output from the relevant VX input pin. For example, to

emulate a digital input on VX1, I'd need to remove jumper J4 altogether.

- mount a 2-pin jumper on X49 (or on X32) to make it push-pull: 0 or 3.3 Volts, depending

on whether switch S3 is on or off.  Or else leave the jumper off to make it open-drain.

- making use of the info in Table 5 "Patching Through-Hole Connection Points", connect the signal

at X49 (or X32) to the VX1 input pin, which then can be either 0 or 3.3 Volts.  I didn't see a pin header

at X49, although there's one next to the VX1 pin. So once I locate the X49 though hole, I can solder a

wire as opposed to using a patch cable. 

NOTE:

EZ Admin branched this comment to a new question. cc: qwerty

Outcomes