AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADAU1772 MCU Programming Issue - BANK_A_PARAMETERS_IC_1 undeclared

Question asked by dramsay9 on Feb 24, 2018

Hello!  I've been trying to get the ADAU1172 programmed over I2C (following some of the docs on this forum).

I've Compile/Linked then Exported System files from SigmaStudio, modified the SigmaStudioFW.h macros, modified the *_IC_1.h file with the proper I2C address, and gotten successful I2C ACKs when sending some config register commands.

When I try to design a simple mic->core->speaker (just to test whether anything is working) in SigmaStudio, I get this problem:

ad_files/passthrough_2_IC_1.h:578: error: 'BANK_A_PARAMETERS_IC_1' undeclared (first use in this function)

ad_files/passthrough_2_IC_1.h:578: error: 'BANK_A_PARAMETERS_SIZE_IC_1' undeclared (first use in this function)

ad_files/passthrough_2_IC_1.h:579: error: 'BANK_B_PARAMETERS_ADDR_IC_1' undeclared (first use in this function)

ad_files/passthrough_2_IC_1.h:579: error: 'BANK_B_PARAMETERS_IC_1' undeclared (first use in this function)

ad_files/passthrough_2_IC_1.h:579: error: 'BANK_B_PARAMETERS_SIZE_IC_1' undeclared (first use in this function)

Do I need to define my param banks manually?  How do I export the Banks from SigmaStudio?  How do I know which instructions/what order are being called (that line up with the parameter banks)?  Right now I'm grabbing *_IC_1.h, *_IC_1_PARAMS.h, and *_IC_1_REG.h, along with my modified SigmaStudioFW.h.  I poked around in the other generated files but didn't see anything useful.

Also, does someone have a copy of the actual instruction set for the DSP core?  It seems like such a waste to have everything else explained so clearly for the bank coeffs and the other config registers, only to have to rely on sigmastudio to generate the program instructions.  I'd rather just write it from scratch without the IDE.

Thanks for the help!

David

Outcomes