AnsweredAssumed Answered

Data Integrity check

Question asked by NeerajSingla on Feb 15, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 9, 2018 by jwang

Hi jwang,

I somehow did not get notification about your replies on my last questions related to data integrity check. So i missed seeing your replies earlier.

I have a followup question on the 2 reply there.

Yes, i seen that the data sheet they are reserved. I saw that i am getting that they are always zeros, so i was thinking of using the 0001/0000/0000 sequence for LSB to filter out any bad data. If that is not the case then how do you suggest to perform the data integrity check to avoid reading any kind of noise/corrupt data as actual acceleration data.

Thanks,

Neeraj

"While reading FIFIO, we get a sample set in this format:

XX, X1, YY, Y0, ZZ, Z0

Where one is part of a LSB of X axis and indicates the start of the sample set .

1. I have seen that first byte of the FIFO could be MSB of any axis. But is it possible to get the LSB of any axis as the first byte from the FIFO?

If yes, how do you suggest to verify the integrity of the data? Seems like we could be fooled by actual acceleration data?

Jiayun: For your first question, the first Byte should always be the MSB of any axis.

2. I believe the lower nibble of the LSB of X/Y/Z axis will be 0001/0000/0000 respectively. Data sheet says these bits are reserved, i believed that it would be 0s. Can you confirm?

Jiayun:  For your second question, on Table 10 of the datasheet, the reserved bits(B1, B2 and B3) actually can be anything, which means it doesn't have to be 0."

Outcomes