AnsweredAssumed Answered

python script is waiting forever after add fmcomms2 iio blocks

Question asked by mr_nazrin on Feb 2, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 7, 2018 by travisfcollins

Dear Community Team,

I construct a simple magnitude measurement of signal source to obtain  frequency and amplitude sweep response. I used No GUI, Run to Completion so that I can add/modify generated python code in order me to add python features, like numpy , matplotlib etc.. The initial structure as shown in figure below.

simple signal source

Then I developed a program and run the python script and successful plotted as what I’m expected.

sweep response

Now I just add FMCOMMS2 sink and source as shown in figure below.

signal source with fmcomms2

Basically its just add those two blocks and some modification on self.connect. Overall program is similar as initial program above.

blocks added

Now the problem is the program is wait forever/hang up after execute the python script.

Then I find the possibility root cause is tb.wait() where my program is stuck here after I add iio_fmcomms2 blocks as shown in following figure.

where the x spot

If I disable/remove iio_fmcomms2 block and restore connection without fmcomms2 block, I able to run again without a problem.

There is something parameters should I define on fmcomms2 block? Buffer size maybe ? I also referring to https://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_operating_fg.html  for tb.wait() issue.

Fyi backgound: Zedboard + FMCOMMS2 , running on VM Ubuntu 32 bit, Remote PC connection

Best Regards,

Outcomes