I saw that figure 32 on the AD9834 datasheet suggests that the RESET pin should be asserted (I'm using control reg 0x2700, which means that B28 = 1, PIN/SW = 1) before setting the FREQ0, FREQ1, PHASE0 and PHASE1 registers. This means:
- Write control word 0x2700 (in order to set PIN/SW to 1);
- RESET pin set to 1 (asserted);
- Write to FREQ0, FREQ1, PHASE0 and PHASE1 registers;
- Set SLEEP, FSEL and PSEL pins as desired;
- RESET pin set to 0 (de-asserted).
Is this initialization procedure accurate?
Also, do I have to assert the RESET pin every time I wish to write to one of the above registers, de-asserting it later? Or is this just applicable to the initialization routine? Writing to these registers seems to take immediate effect without toggling RESET.
Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço