AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD-FMCDAQ2-EBZ Migrating from KC705 FPGA to Genesys 2 Kintex-7

Question asked by jener on Jan 8, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 8, 2018 by larsc

I currently have the bare-metal design for the AD-FMCDAQ2-EBZ working with a KC705 Eval board along with some custom processing blocks implemented on the same Vivado design.

AD-FMCDAQ2-EBZ Bare Metal Quick Start Guide [Analog Devices Wiki] 

I would like to move my design to the Genesys 2 Kintex-7 board listed here:

Genesys 2 Kintex-7 FPGA Development Board - Digilent 

It is the exact same FPGA as the one used in the KC705. As far as I can tell in the baremetal design there is nothing that the DAQ2 design uses on the KC705 that is not also available on the Genesys 2 board. One key difference between the KC705 and the Genesys 2 board is 2 FMC ports versus 1 (both have HPC FMC). Also there KC705 has external SDRAM that I don't see either being used by the baremetal design.

Can you give an estimate for level of effort needed to migrate my working FMCDAQ2 baremetal design from KC705 to the Genesys 2 board? Would it be as simple as reassigning pins to the FMC connector?

Also not listed in wiki is a no-os package for the ZCU102 Xilinx board but there is one on the github repo for that the AD-FMCDAQ2-EBZ. Can you confirm that you have a working bare-metal design for the ZCU102 with the AD-FMCDAQ2-EBZ?

Thanks,

Jener Chang

Outcomes