Hi all, Happy New Year!
Hope everyone is having new year blast.
I need some valuable guidelines to prepare the roadmap for my project.
Our design is based on Zynq XC7Z030 and AD9375 is being used as daughter card.
Our goal is to run Linux on the board and operate the AD9375.
I want to add the Linux drivers and IIO Library of AD9375 in the Linux Kernel, Following are the questions I want to be addressed:
1) Where would I get the step by step process to add source code of drivers in the Linux Kernel?
2) AD9371, AD9375 highly integrated, wideband RF transceiver Linux device driver [Analog Devices Wiki] , Is this link containing all the required source codes which will be enough to operate the AD9375 or do I need to find some additional files also?
3) Can I modify the kernel provided by Analog Device as per my project requirement?
4) How to bind the .dts file provided by Analog Device with my existing .dtsi file produced by Petalinux?
5) Would the customized .dts would be compatible with kernel?
6) Is there any scope of adding Analog Device .dts file and Linux Kernel in my Petalinux Project and then re-build the system?
7) Is there any good tutorial to understand the working of AD9375 Drivers and Add it in the Linux Kernel?
8) What are the important points which should be kept in mind while adding/merging drivers with kernel?
Relevant information would be highly appreciated.