AnsweredAssumed Answered

BF548 EZ Kit and USB host test

Question asked by WayneUroda on Nov 16, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 22, 2011 by PrasanthR

Hi,

I have a BF548 EZ kit and when I boot this kit up in factory default configuration the POST program runs. If I hold down PB2 and PB4 during booting, the POST program runs the USB host test code and the test completes successfully (I can see the BF548 detects and enumerates the USB memory stick I have plugged into it using a hardware USB sniffer.

I am trying to build my own application which is a USB host and I am making use of the USBDRC driver and the USBVSBulk drivers (just like the POST program - in fact I am starting from a stripped down copy of the POST program source code found in C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\VisualDSP 5.0\Blackfin\Examples\ADSP-BF548 EZ-KIT Lite\Power_On_Self_Test)

The problem is that my program never seems to turn on the VBUS output of the USB port, and thus the device is never detected or enumerated. I thought I must have done something wrong when stripping down the POST source code but even when I build the POST program and load it on my board I get the same results, so I am thinking there is a problem in either the driver code/libraries or the example code for using the drivers.

I am going to start digging through the example code and the DRC (dual role controller) and VSBulk drivers to try and find the error, I was just wondering if anybody else has come up against the same kind of problem when trying to use the 548 usb host drivers.

Thanks,

- Wayne

Outcomes