AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADZS-SC584-EZLITE  Support

Question asked by LazyTurtle on Nov 23, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 13, 2017 by Jithul_Janardhanan
Branched from an earlier discussion

Dear Ken,

thank you for all this valuable information. I have some more questions:

1) Evaluation Board questions:

Checking the ADZS-SC584-EZLITE I´ve seen in the schematics there are two stereo audio inputs that can be switched using a ADG774A MUX. 

I understand these connectors are used for connecting a line level device to test all the processing developed in the Evaluation board. Is this correct? We would like to use simple line level audio at a first sight to do the inital testing.

On the other hand, is this evaluation kit capable of connecting a dynamic or condenser microphone? If not, is there additional HW for this type of connections?

2) Software questions:

We will first use SigmaStudio to develop the DSP processing code graphically. If I have undertand it, once the SigmaStudio processing code is generated by SigmaStudio then CrossCore Embedded Studio will be used to program the ADPS-CS58. Is this correct?

About the crosscore embedded studio licensing: We will use only use license in one unique PC. I understand we could use the AD-CCES-NODE-1 license for ever and the AD-CCES-MNT-N1 anual maintenance license. This would take an initial price of 995$+199$. Then, each year we would only have to pay the 199$ maintenance licence. Is this correct? I understand this can be done once the 6 months CCES ends. 

Is the Linux Addin free? I can´t see the price.

We would like to mount a web server on the device so we can access and control de device using a web browser in any platform. Could the ARM-5 integrated in the ADSP-CS58 be capable of this and also control the DSP processing? Do you recommend additional MCU to control this Web Server feature?

3) I would like to know addtional resources on DSP audio processing using these tools. Maybe there´s a deedicated forum for this chip family and software tools.

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

Best,

Julian

Outcomes