AnsweredAssumed Answered

[ADV7511W] At Power-up.

Question asked by Tamu on Nov 8, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2017 by Tamu

Hello,

I have questions about power-up of ADV7511W.
Please see attached file "ADV7511W_3_3V_power_supply.xlsx".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question 1:
 In our customer's system, the power-up sequence is as follows:
 - At first, the 3.3V power is supplied to DVDD_3V pin of ADV7511W. Please see the wave form in the attached file.
 - After that, 1.8V power is supplied to DVDD pin within 1 second.

In this case, is there a possibility that a problem may occur?

I think the following "Power Supply Sequencing"  on "HARDWARE USER’S GUIDE" is kept,

but just in case, please let me know.
"6.7.1 Power Supply Sequencing
 There is no required sequence for turning on or turning off the power domains; all should be fully powered up or down within 1 second of the others."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question 2:
 If there is a possibility that a problem may occur, what problem is supposed to occur?

Background:
 The customer has been using ADV7511W for several years.
 There aren't any problems with ADV7511W now.
 But he tries to change the power-supply on the board because the system has a problem now.
 So he wants to know whether the changed power-supply may have an influence bad for the devices or not urgently.

Thank you!
Best regards.

Outcomes