If you missed it last week, here is the link to our first challenge question:
Here is the second question:
The image below shows a differential amplifier circuit with the differential input voltage VIN and the single-ended output voltage VOUT.
- What is the small-signal gain of the amplifier in terms of the transconductances and output resistances of M1, M2, M3 and M4?
- What limits the bandwidth of this circuit?
- What components in the circuit can cause a voltage offset at VIN? Why?
- What change to the circuit needs to be done in order to make it operate as a buffer with unity-gain?
- What is a possible implementation of the current source ISS?
[edited by: hschrall at 4:59 PM (GMT -4) on 21 Jun 2021]