I need to get information regarding the detector sequence in page 23 (RevD) of the ADRF6780 datasheet:
1. For the step 5:
During the 200 us waiting window , may the power not be fixed ? the power will be constant or stable only after the 200 us.
2. For the step 6:
Can we avoid this step of reading the adc status ? and going directly to step 7 after waiting 200 us ?
3. If the ADC_START is always fixed to "0", can we read the power or ADC value in register 0x0C without the step 4 (ADC_START = "1") ?
Thanks for your support
1) If you mean the RF power then the RF power should be relatively stable within this window. The ADC will be doing some internal calibration steps within this time.
2) We strongly recommend to read…
2) We strongly recommend to read back the ADC status so that you know that the ADC is ready to read the detector voltage.
3) The ADC_Start needs to be toggled for each read.