I have some general questions regarding ADAR100 EVALZ:
1. There is a J1 and J2 connector on the board. But there is no description about this connection in the data sheet...
In the data sheet there is only J5 described....and this line is not on the board..
2. Is the Technology of ADAR a CW or pulsed signal?
3. Is it possible to use TX/RX at the same time? Or do you have to use only TX for example and terminate the RX channels? In this case I can use a horn antenna for a RX...
I would be very glad, if you can answer these questions.
Thanks in Advance...
Answers to your questions:
1. Evaluation board schematic is in the User Guide, available on the product webpage - also attached below. J1 and J2 are SMA connectors for the calibration path. Do you mean P1 and P2? Those contain various GPIO and SPI connections.
2. I don't know if I understand the question. Do you mean can you use a pulse or CW signal with the ADAR1000? If so, you can use either, just as long as you do not go beyond the absolute maximum ratings in the datasheet.
3. You cannot be in Tx mode and Rx mode at the same time; you can either be in Tx mode or Rx mode - you have to switch back and forth. Unused channels should be loaded with 50 Ohms.
thanks very much, you´ve answered all my questions.
Regarding the first question: No I don´t mean P1 and P2. I mean J1 and J2...could you give an example what you mean with calibration path? I thought only the Channel RF_IO is for the network analyzer....
Please re-frame your question, I don't know what you are exactly trying to ask concerning control of CW or pulsed signal?
thank you very much!
I am trying to start the ADAR Software with my patch antenna...
I followed all the steps from Page 7-10 (datasheet ADAR100= evalz) for enabling TX...Now I have a problem..
1. this example is only for one TX channel, right? If I want to use the other channels, do I just have to take the same setting like for TX1?
2. Furthermore I dont really understand how to run the software, because on page 13 "Quick Test Procedure" there is only the information to connect RF IO with a NWA....but I have to press a button on the GUI of the software or dont I?
3. Where can I download the .txt files for the settings? I didnt find them...
Thanks in Advance!
They are under the Evaluation Documentation.
thanks very much. It helped me much....do you also have txt files for phase settings for example for 90 degrees oder 60 degrees?
on you product webpage there were only files for 45 degrees
did I understand it right?.....there are two possibilities to set the phase or gain.
1. I am using the GUI and follow the steps up on page 8
2. If I want to save some time, I can use the manual register and upload the txt files for gain settings
maybe you can tell me the values for I and Q for aiming a phase of 60,90,180 degrees....because it didn´t work with my values
sorry, that I am spaming you...I followed all the steps in the datasheet and connecter the Networkanalyzer to the RF IO and TX1... there is only a noise seeable....no signal of the phase with 45 degrees....Can you help me?
thank you very much....actually I have a power supply with +3.3V and -5V... you can have a look at the
picture. I also have uploaded the file for manual register write....but there is always just noise seeable. Of course I have referred to the sections you have mentioned...