I have some general questions regarding ADAR100 EVALZ:
1. There is a J1 and J2 connector on the board. But there is no description about this connection in the data sheet...
In the data sheet there is only J5 described....and this line is not on the board..
2. Is the Technology of ADAR a CW or pulsed signal?
3. Is it possible to use TX/RX at the same time? Or do you have to use only TX for example and terminate the RX channels? In this case I can use a horn antenna for a RX...
I would be very glad, if you can answer these questions.
Thanks in Advance...
Answers to your questions:
1. Evaluation board schematic is in the User Guide, available on the product webpage - also attached below. J1 and J2 are SMA connectors for the calibration path. Do you mean P1 and P2? Those contain various GPIO and SPI connections.
2. I don't know if I understand the question. Do you mean can you use a pulse or CW signal with the ADAR1000? If so, you can use either, just as long as you do not go beyond the absolute maximum ratings in the datasheet.
3. You cannot be in Tx mode and Rx mode at the same time; you can either be in Tx mode or Rx mode - you have to switch back and forth. Unused channels should be loaded with 50 Ohms.