Hello! I have several questions on mounting and bonding of HMC1110/admv7710 dies:
1) HMC1110's datasheet makes reference to "HMC general Handling, Mounting, Bonding Note". Where can I find this note?
2) HMC1110 and admv7710 datasheets say 5 mil thick alumina thin film substrates are recommended. Can I use RO3003 laminate (5 mil thick)?
3) What are criteria to select epoxy for die attach? ADI recommends ABLEBOND 84-1LMIT and ATROX 800HT1V for some other mmwave components. But they are premixed epoxies with short "pot life time" at room temperature. It is not suitable for us, so I'm looking for two-part epoxy. Is it Ok to use EPO-TEK EK2000 (https://www.epotek.com/site/administrator/components/com_products/assets/files/Style_Uploads/EK2000.pdf) for HMC1110 and admv7710?
4) Assembly Diagrams in HMC1110 and admv7710's datasheets don't show GND wires. Should I connect low frequency GND pads (5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 17 ,19, 25, 27, 29, 31, 33, 35 ,37, 39 of admv7710 and #4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 17, 18 of HMC1110) to PCB GND polygon by wire bonding? Or conductive attachment of "Die Bottom" is sufficient?
5) Should I connect RF GND pads (# 1,3 20, 22 of admv7710 and #1, 3, 13, 15 of HMC1110) to PCB GND polygon by wire bonding? Or conductive attachment of "Die Bottom" is sufficient? If RF GND pads should be connected to GND by wire bonding, does it mean that coplanar waveguide transmission line is preferable to microstrip line?
6) Do eval boards (or just design files) for HMC1110 and admv7710 exist? Are there any future plans to create them?
Duplicate post, already answered
See the following post for the answer:https://ez.analog.com/rf/f/q-a/112530/hmc1110-admv7710-mounting-and-bonding-questions
Hi, Marty! That answer is not complete. Please reply in https://ez.analog.com/rf/f/q-a/112530/hmc1110-admv7710-mounting-and-bonding-questions. Thank you in advance!