Post Go back to editing

HMC499 HMC1131 or other Analog Controlled VGA's


I am thinking of using a medium power amplifier to increase my Tx power in a K-band system, however currently I don't have a negative voltage circuitry in my design. What would you recommend for that purpose?

My question is for Hmc499 or Hmc1131 or similar products which require negative gate voltage.



  • Hi Turgut,

    You will need a voltage inverter like LT1964 to convert a positive voltage to a negative one. ADI also offers active bias controllers like the HMC980LP4E that will better meet depletion mode devices like HMC499 and HMC1131. HMC980LP4E provides negative voltage generation and proper gate and drain sequencing to prevent damage to the device.