I have got the evaluation board for ADAR1000 and I was trying to generate PA_BIAS using the internal DAC, but not able to do so. I am interfacing the board with the software provided from you. I am following the below table from the datasheet:
I tried all the combinations described above in the GUI to generate some voltage on the pin 23 of connector P9A on the board which corresponds to PA_BIAS1. But I see nothing at all on the multimeter.
On the GUI, these are the steps I followed in order:
1. Connect to the board using ADDR0/1 = 0 (jumpers are left open)
2. Initialized TX on the tab "Tx Control"
3. Wrote some values to off and on registers shown below and enabled BIAS_CTRL
4. Enabled TX_EN under T/R Control tab
5. Checked the multimeter on pin23 of connector P9A, to see nothing.
I also tried with LNA_BIAS_OUT feature but also seeing no output voltage.
Am I missing something here?
I think I see what the problem is: by default the PA and LNA bias settings (among other settings) are being pulled from RAM (Please see the MEMORY ACCESS section in the datasheet). You need to tell the…